My life is odd.
I had a fantastic weekend with my bestest girl, up from California, and we played with yarn and napped in the sunshine and romped around the city, like kittens let out to play. It was great, and I miss her already.
November is coming.
Yes, I’m doing NaNo again this year. I haven’t beaten it since 2004, but I try every year. 2006 I only got about 12,000 words into my 50,000, and stopped like a train out of coal. 2007 I did… nothing? I can’t remember.
This year, I expect things to be a bit better. For one, I have my EEE PC, which will let me take my writing anywhere I’m going. No more excuse that I can’t write because I’m going out. Secondly, I work at Yahoo! now, which means I have the mental energy left to DO something with my evenings. (Yes, Yahoo! announced 10% layoffs today, and I might be out of a job, but I don’t think so, and I still love the company.)
But there are some rocks on my road.
First of all, SteampunkWallpaper.com takes up a lot of time. There has to be some give, somewhere, and the wallpaper site gets it. I’m not going to STOP, but I am going to use a lot of filler in November. If anyone has any steampunk art, links, websites, or anything else they’d like profiled, drop me a comment.
Second of all…. I still don’t know what I’m writing.
I’ve got a list of things I might write about.
- The steampunk erotica story that’s been eating my brain for two months.
- The hard(ish) science/steampunk story that’s been eating my brain for two years. I’ve mostly chopped the random erotica out of it and put that up in the story above, so I can now concentrate on the plot rather than the porn.
- The Jump cop/noir/sci-fi thingy.
- The Roach-Girl story.
- My Rat King story.
- The Lost Novel book, which came to me at 3 PM on a Wednesday last week. Random, but cool.
- I’ve still got the story I refer to as ‘the molerats in space’ story kicking in my head. I’ve written it twice. 100,000 words, and it still isn’t even close to being done.
- The random SI Radio Librarian Porn thing I wrote. No, I’m not linking you to it. 😀 But it could expand into a novel…
- Something Else. I owe a butt-ton of writing to family and friends.
I’m leaning toward #1, if only because I can do RANDOM stuff in there without worrying overly about the Big Scary Plot. I know at least one person who will vote for #4, because I know he loves the concept.
Oh, internets! I don’t know what to do!
I will be updating this blog more often, though. 😀