How to make an Iron Man Arc Reactor – Instructables – DIY is alive and well
Posted by mousewrites on May 30, 2008
This instructable is one of two parts detailing how to build an arc reactor…
How awesome is that statement? Of course, it’s not quite as cool as having a 3 gigajoules reactor in your chest, but still, quite awesome. This guy builds one with LEDs and soft melt plastic, and it looks pretty good under a tank top. All he needs is a bit more smirk and he’s got Tony down. Viva la DIY!
Instructables is a favorite site for all sorts of DIY geekery. Here’s some of my recent reads:
- Shoot the Rainbow – Skittles Vodka
- Discount Viking Helmet
- Realistic, Animatronic Lion Mask with stereo night vision and amplified hearing – Because it’s just that cool. Because my faint and non sexual thank you very much furry leanings (I blame talking animal Disney cartoons. Oh, and Warner brothers…), I have seen a few things with this guy. I don’t care WHY he’s making the masks, they are fucking awesome.
- Avoiding Camera Noise Signatures – Written by w1n5t0n, from the book “Little Brother” by Cory Doctorow. Available as a free download, or at your local book pusher. Highly recommended book, and the instructable tie-in is amusing. And useful, of course.
- Perfect, Crispy Bacon, Easy, Every Time! – This one is mostly amusing because of the comments. Though, really, there’s nothing wrong with a new way to cook bacon. Mmmm, bacon.
- Pets Month ’08: Tips to Keep the ants out of your dog’s food! – There’s a whole set of kids writing instructables, too. I don’t know how old this kid is, but the instructions on how to suspend the dish about an inch off the ground are awesome.
- Flame-Throwing Wheelchair – How frekin cool is THAT?