Iron Man (2008) – Memorable quotes
Posted by mousewrites on May 26, 2008
How much do I love this movie? I cannot tell you. CANNOT. I’ve seen it in the theater three times. That’s approximately $30 spent to watch Tony Stark be a bad ass. And you know what? I’d go see it again. Right now.
What’s that, you say? You’d like to take me to go see Iron Man? I’ll get my coat.
Why do I love it? I can’t tell you exactly. I adore Tony Stark, and his snark (I have a thing for snark), but it’s not just Tony that I love. I love that Obadiah Stane is creepy as fuck, in a touchy feely paternal way. Oh, Dude, what has happened to you?
The movie has brought in $223,124,385 as of May 18th, (according to IMDB) and when I went to see it again yesterday (shut up) the theater was full. FULL, after being out for 23 days. Full, when Indiana Jones opened the day before. Amazing. The movie only cost $140,000,000 (‘only’ 140 mil, I know), and it’s totally kicked ass in the theaters.
This is good for several reasons. One, I want it to do good so that I can watch the sequel. Two, it’s a geek movie, that’s doing well with a non-geek audience as well as a geek one (I’m basing that on the fact that it’s doing so well. Of course, all geeks who have seen the movie could have seen it three times, but I doubt it.). Any geek movie that pulls in non-geeks is A-OK with me. Three, it’s setting things up for the future.
Tony Stark supposedly will be making a cameo in the new Hulk movie, and then there will be a Iron Man 2, and THEN the Avenger’s movie, according to the director, Jon Favreau.
I am dancing in my little geek boots.
EDIT: Oh, and because so many people are finding this post by the title, here’s the IMDB’s Iron Man Memorable Quotes page that I got the above quote from.
Other Geek Movies I want to see this summer:
- Indiana Jones – May 22nd. I call this a geek movie mostly because it brings me amazing joy that it exists. I’ve read good reviews, and bad reviews, and I don’t really care. I’m going to go see it.
- The Incredible Hulk – June 13th. Casting Ed Norton as mild mannered Bruce Banner was brilliant, and I think this one will (hopefully) wash the taste of the last one from the movie going nation’s mouth. Not that I think the last one was particularly BAD, but it didn’t ring with the modern public as well as it could. It was kind of a mediocre geek movie; not anything as bad as Catwoman, but nothing really good, either.
- Dark Knight – July 18th. Oh. My. God. I want to see this so badly that my teeth ache, sometimes. I’ve always had a soft spot for the Joker, and Heath Ledger’s version makes my heart flutter. Course, playing J may very well have killed Ledger (there’s some accounts of him getting so deep in the roll he couldn’t get out), but I’ve got to see it anyway.
- Hellboy II: The Golden Army – July 11th. Bibble. Again, I can’t wait for this to come out, and I resent the earth for turning so slowly. I adore Hellboy, and this one has STEAMPUNK ROBOTS FTW! The first one had the Ogdru Jahad, which are so damn Lovecraftian they coat me in slime (take that as you’d like), and this one looks just as Mouse-Squeal worthy.
- Journey to the Center of the Earth – July 11th. Brenden Fraser? Meh. But I love Jules Verne, so I’ll have to go see it. Perhaps I’ll wait for the DVD, though I’d like to see it in the 3D they’re touting.
- The X-Files: I Want to Believe – July 25th. Both Duchovny and Anderson are signed up for this one, and I’ll go see it. I like to pretend that the last year or so of the TV show never happened (I’ve never seen the last episode, and I’m not planing to), so this will be less jarring for me than those people who have ‘closed’ the series in their heads. PS: You all have heard ‘Why don’t you love me, David Duchovny?’ Right?
- The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor – August 8th. Now, THIS is a Brenden Fraser movie I’m all about.
Yeah, it’s a good time to be a geek.